What is equality?
Equality is something about ensuring the citizen that they have some rights and same advantages. Equality gives the concept that every individual have equal opportunities without discriminating on the basis of caste, gender, religion, and language. Equality means that every individual have same value and treated equally and have equal rights and liberties.
Types of Equality
- Natural Equality- Natural equality is the type of equality which implies that every individual are born free and equal in this world and are endowed with equal gifts and talents. ‘JHON LOCKE’ gave the concept of natural equality and wrote that all individuals are equal in the sense that they are born with certain “inalienable” natural rights.
- Social Equality- Social equality state that every individuals are treated equally and fairly. All the people have equal opportunity by which they are able to contribute socially and economically in the society.
- Legal Equality- Legal equality means that every individual, who lives in the country has the equal rights before the law. All the citizen of India must be equally protected by law. According to the legal equality there should be no discrimination based on religion , caste, sex, and place of birth.
- Economic Equality- In simple terms, economic equality benefits every individual in the society whether they are rich or poor should receive some pay for a job regardless of their gender, caste, religion. Economic equality gone wrong is in pay differentials between men and women.
- Political Equality- It implies that every citizen have equal access to political rights. This may include right to vote, political opinion and equal rights of free speech.